Happy hump day everyone! The week is almost over and we’re only 2 days away from the weekend. Do you have any plans this weekend? Maybe you should head somewhere with your girlfriends… maybe, Victoria?
For those that haven’t been to Victoria or know much about our island neighbours, Victoria is British Columbia’s capital. It’s home to the Parliament building, an abundance of greenery, outdoor activities and officially the tastiest prawn taco I’ve ever had. (Like, legitimately, you order it from a shack called Mexican Taco at Fisherman’s wharf. Thank me later.)
Besides all of the above, Victoria is a goldmine for fun and creative photo spots. On a sunny Sunday early this month, I paid a visit to my gal pal and blogger colleague, A Piece Of Elise. She’s leaving us for Toronto at the end of the month so a fun escapade was in order!
We scoured the city looking for the best photo shoot locations and we’ve rounded a pretty decent list. Take a look at the top 10 Instagrammable spots in Victoria, BC.
- Upplands Park / Cattle Point – Uplands Park is located within the municipality of Oak Bay, in the Uplands neighborhood.
Address – Beach Dr, Victoria, BC V8R 6L2
2. Fan Tan Alley in Chinatown – Fan Tan Alley runs south from Fisgard Avenue to Pandora Avenue in the block between Government Street and Store Street.
Address- 2 Fan Tan Alley, Victoria, BC V8W 3G9
3. Emily Carr House – Emily Carr House is a National Historic Site of Canada located in Victoria, British Columbia. It was the childhood home of Canadian painter Emily Carr, and had a lasting impression on her paintings and writings.
Address – 207 Government St, Victoria, BC V8V 2K8
4. The McNeill Bay Chairs – These chairs actually have a super funny story behind them. Check it out HERE.
Address – McMicking Point on the edge of McNeill Bay
5. Craigdarroch Castle – Craigdarroch Castle is a historic, Victorian-era Scottish Baronial mansion. Craigdarroch Castle has 39 rooms and over 25,000 square feet. Built in the late 1800s, it was used as a family residence for the wealthy coal baron Robert Dunsmuir and his wife Joan.
Address – 1050 Joan Crescent, Victoria, BC V8S 3L5
6. Fishermans Wharf – In the heart of the working harbour, you can find unique shops and restaurants while wandering amongst the floating homes. You gotta stop at Mexican Taco for the prawn tacos!
Address – 1 Dallas Rd, Victoria, BC V8V 0B2
7. Habit Coffee – Habit Coffee brings you the idea that coffee can be better! Not just how you enjoy it but how it’s made. You can find coffee from Bows & Arrows Coffee.
Address – 552 Pandora Ave, Victoria, BC V8W 1N7
8. Parliament Building – The British Columbia Parliament Buildings are located in Victoria, British Columbia, Canada and are home to the Legislative Assembly of British Columbia. This is where business happens, people!
Address – 501 Belleville St, Victoria, BC V8V 2L8
9. The Breakwater – Take a walk along the bend at The Breakwater for a beautiful look at the water.
Address – 199 Dallas Rd, Victoria, BC V8V 1A2
10. Canoe Brew Pub – The local watering hole in Victoria serving up handcrafted beer, classic style pub food with live music every Thursday, Friday and Saturday nights.
Address – 450 Swift St, Victoria, BC V8W