In my previous post, we chatted about the best ways to dress for fall in Vancouver. With our rainy season in full swing, we want to find items that are practical but don’t comprise our style or what we can leave the house with. I adore my leather bag collection but I would hate for any of them to be ruined and they may not fit everything that I need that day, while tote bags are not the most weatherproof option. To ensure my days are productive I tend to schedule meetings and errands around the same time so I’m not always running around. In addition to my laptop, notebook and items like returns, packages and mail, I take items that are for everyday moments.
- Toiletries (Face mist, hygiene products, makeup for touch-ups, etc.)
- A book for transit rides
- Tote bags for shopping
To accommodate these items, I need a bag that marries functionality with fashion. Enter, the Kings Road Little Black Bag!
Unlike many athleisure backpacks, the Kings Road LBB offers a smaller functional style that is made for every day and not just for fitness. Created by a local father-daughter team Damien and Neve Kelly, the LBB was designed in homage to Damien’s parents who owned a jean shop in England in 1970s titled Kings Road after the iconic London street. Looking to create a bag that reflects the family heritage, Damien curated the design from 18 years of experience developing design and product for brands. The two found the need in the market for a backpack that offered practicality but did not comprise a sleek style for the fashion-minded.
Features of the Kings Road LBB:
- High-quality canvas and leather that moulds to your body
- Clean in design with minimum branding
- Double metal YKK zippers for main access
- Mesh Pocket on the initial interior
- Lined sleeve for tech and books
- Canvas and Leather shoulder straps with D-ring metal rivets for an ergonomic style
- Built-in back pocket for easy access to things like wallets, phones, passports, etc.
- Built-in back pocket with secure zip pocket
Watch the Kings Road Little Black Bag Kickstarter HERE. Learn from the designers themselves and let them take you through the process of creating the LBB.
What do you think? Is this a bag that you could use for your everyday life? Tell me in the comment section!