Last night I painted my nails an electric shade of blue to keep on trend with brights but quickly came to realize that is just is not me. After coming to this realization I stepped into my closet and noticed that it translated to my clothes and shoes. I’m currently getting ready for the next Vancouver Blogger Sale (August 18th, details to come) and can use this opportunity to remove these items.
Where am I going with this? Take a look at the outfit below, it’s an outfit that’s still on trend without being over the top. I love the peplum tops but am not crazy about the rainbow of color, prints and patterns they come in. To keep on trend but stay with a palette I feel comfortable with I’ve chosen this neutral taupe and paired it with a cropped boyfriend denim.
I’m all for stepping outside of the comfort zone with fashion but sometimes you gotta stick your neutral choices! Have you stepped outside of your comfort zone recently?
1. TOPSHOP Sleeveless Peplum Top $36
2. Ana Accessories Inc No Conquest Ring $11.99
3. TOPSHOP MOTO Reclaim To Wear Ombre Jeans $90
4. Tiffany Arden resin link shoulder bag (from the Tiffany & Co. Spring Leather Bag Collection)
5. Ralph Lauren Collection Sherene leather sandals $225