Last updated: June 2018.
You all know I’m a big advocate for organic beauty: skincare & bodycare products including makeup and more so I wanted to arrange a post that will have all of my recommendations in one place. I’ve created multiple posts on the blog showcasing my go-to’s but now you can use this post as your one-stop-glossary!
NATURAL BODYCARE PRODUCTS
- Deodorant – Schmidt’s Naturals
I’ve been using Schmidt’s Naturals deodorant for the last 6 months and I haven’t found a deodorant that I like better than this one. Full transparency, I sweat A LOT. It’s sort of problem and I’m not necessarily looking for something to stop the sweating because I don’t think it’s good for our bodies to not sweat but I just wanted to minimize the sweat, remove yellow marks and cleanse the bacteria that my sweat creates while leaving a soft and beautiful scent. I use the ROSE + VANILLA scent that it works wonders. The more I sweat, the more I smell like roses and vanilla and I have much less irritation under my arms than when using other products.
- Shampoo + Conditioner – REDAVID
I’ve used a lot of shampoos and conditioners in my life because I think like you, I’m always striving to pretty hair but it wasn’t until recently that I realized pretty hair is a bonus of having healthy hair. I’ve been using the REDAVID Orchid Oil line and Cedarwood line since October of 2017 and I have found a transformation in my hair. Each line is meant for a different hair type so I do recommend asking a REDAVID expert on which one is best for you but I’m using the Cedarwood Shampoo and repeating my lather with the Orchid Oil shampoo. I use the spray leave in Cedarwood conditioner but once a week I use the LightWeight Cedarwood conditioner after shampooing. When I’m looking for more body, I apply the spray in Cedarwood Volumizing spray. Sometime’s I’ll apply the Orhid Oil treatment serum to smooth out my hair and I use an amount smaller than a dime size.
- Body Wash – ATTITUDE
I first mentioned ATTITUDE on the blog in May 2017 and it’s a body care line that I can’t get enough of! It leaves my skin feeling soft, nourished and the scents remind me of essential oils. To read more about this line check out my previous post breaking down the products I use, HERE. Note: I no longer use the ATTITUDE shampoo and conditioner as it left my scalp a little too dry after prolonged use.
- Body Scrub – LUSH
You’re going to want to head to your nearest LUSH store immediately and stock up on the Scrubee! The Scrubee is a body-butter and exfoliates all in one and completely buffs your skin leaving it super hydrated and smooth. I use this once a week for a fresh feeling and you will never have felt SO SOFT in your life.
- Body Oil – Saje
When my muscles and joints are feeling a bit sore or tender after any sort of physical activity. I immediately apply the Saje Apres Sport massage oil and it comforts my pain within 10 minutes. You can actually feel it working and it’s the best remedy I’ve had for any sort of body pain. I’ve also used it on body during my menstrual cramps and it does ease them slightly.
- Perfume – Le Labo
I can’t say enough great things about Le Labo’s scent varieties. Everything about the brand from the scents to the packaging and retailer fronts all scream luxury and quality and they’re a vegan brand – win, win! I currently wear Fleur D’Oranger 27 but am looking at a new scent.
- Sunscreen – Rocky Mountain Soap Co.
This is one of those a little goes a long way products. I started using the Rocky Mountain Soap Co. sunscreen with SPF 31 last summer and it leaves my skin protected while nourished.
NATURAL SKINCARE PRODUCTS
I previously posted about my skincare routine on the blog so instead of the detailed description for each product on this post, click HERE to see every product I use. But look below to see the brand names that I use including a new brand that I’ve been testing out for the last 3 weeks.
- Face Wash – Thursday Plantation makes an epic Tea Tree Foaming Face Wash that works perfectly with my sensitive skin. It’s also non drying.
- Toner – Homemade rose water spray made with grocery store bought rose water mixed with regular filtered water. The ratio for what I use is about 80 (water) /20 (rose).
- Serum – I’ve become obsessed with a pure Rosehip oil. Any brand works as long as it’s 100% pure and not rosehip seed oil. I’m also using Drunk Elephant C-Firma Day Serum mixed with the B-Hydra Intensive Hydration Gel. These will help with fine lines, firming and hydration.
- Lotion / Cream – Belif (see HERE)
- Eye Cream – I’ve been using the KORRES Black Pine 3D Sculpting and Firming eye cream for the last month. There was a little sensation after the first few uses but that dissipated after a week.
- Spot Treatment – Saje ZAP treatment. You guys, this thing is WONDERS! It eliminates a pimple in 2-3 days and doesn’t leave a scar. The same goes for the Thursday Plantation Tea Tree Medicated Gel for Acne.
- Mask – The Body Shop Rose Mask and LUSH Cup’O’Coffee mask. I’m technically not supposed to be using the coffee mask because anything rough on my sensitive skin irritates it however I use it once a month for a fresh buff and my skin is fine.
- Exfoliant – Since my skin is sensitive I need to stay away from harsh exfoliants but I’ve recently been using the Woodlot Quinoa + Almond Fresh Face Exfoliant powder. This mask really helps sooth my skin and eliminates large pores.
- Makeup Wipes – Burt’s Bees has a great line of face towelette and eye makeup remover pads that are catered to each skin type. I’ve been using the Pink Grapefruit and Cotton Extract wipes.
- Sunscreen – Drunk Elephant Umbra Sheer Phyiscal daily Defense with SPF30 has served as a decent sunscreen but it’s texture is a little thicker. So if you’re looking for something thinner, I would skip this one! If you want sunscreen on the go, ATTITUDE makes a great mineral face stick you can pop into your bag!
- Face Wash – Belif (see HERE)
- Toner – Tea Tree & Witch Hazel Toner
- Serum – Belif (see HERE)
- Mask – Belif (see HERE)
- Lotion / Cream – Tea Tree Face Cream w/ Rosehip
NATURAL MAKEUP PRODUCTS
I overhauled my entire makeup kit to include natural or vegan brands like Sappho New Paradigm & Clove & Hallow. Both brands currently do not have an eye liner so I’m using a non-organic liner but am still on the hunt for a liquid liner. If you have any suggestions please let me know!
NATURAL HYGIENE PRODUCTS
- Toothpaste – Marvis
We’ve been using Marvis Toothpaste and although it’s cruelty free and some sites state that it’s vegan… some other sites state it still contains fluoride. I’ll be doing more research on this but will get back to you!
- Mouthwash – LUSH
The LUSH mouthwash tabs take a bit of time to get used to but once you do it’s a go to! Just pop in your mouth and swash around with water and you’re done.
I’m currently searching for organic cotton tampons and liners. So, keep your eyes peeled!
During my transition to natural and cruelty free products, I struggled with the direction to take and what brands to purchase because some descriptions can be a little vague. I used the website Cruelty-Free Kitty has my go-to and have joined the Facebook Group “Cruelty Free Buzz” that has been super helpful in navigating brands. This isn’t just for natural and organic brands but just all brands that are cruelty free.
Would love to know if you have any questions or recommendations for me! Share on this post or via social media.
POSTS YOU MIGHT LIKE: