We all know how much I love watching television and it’s no secret that I can binge watch F.R.I.E.N.D.S and Seinfeld like nobody business so today I’m listing Netflix shows to watch! Currently, Alex and I have restarted New Girl from the first season and you can say we can’t get enough when 6 episodes have flown by and we thought we’ve watched 3! Among all of the great classic shows, I want to introduce to you 5 of my favorites so get your pen and pad ready and cancel your week.
- Outlander – I can’t say enough about this show… it was first introduced to me by my dear friend Mana and although I’m not really into period shows she sold me on this one. I haven’t been so attached to a show or characters before watching this one an am currently waiting with baited breath for the 3rd season to make it’s way to Netflix.
Synopsis: After serving as a British Army nurse in World War II, Claire Randall is enjoying a second honeymoon in Scotland with husband Frank, an MI6 officer looking forward to a new career as an Oxford historian. Suddenly, Claire is transported to 1743 and into a mysterious world where her freedom and life are threatened. To survive, she marries Jamie Fraser, a strapping Scots warrior with a complicated past and a disarming sense of humor. A passionate relationship ensues, and Claire is caught between two vastly different men in two inharmonious lives. “Outlander” is adapted from the best-selling books by Diana Gabaldon.
- Bloodline – This is a show with a slow start but once you can get passed the unknown story-line you’re immediately hooked!
Synopsis: A dramatic thriller that explores the demons lurking beneath the surface of a contemporary American family. The Rayburns are hard-working pillars of their Florida Keys community, but their past contains dark secrets that they hope remain buried. Paranoia and mistrust build as lies pile up, alliances are shattered, and an unthinkable crime takes place. The tight-knit family’s formerly harmonious relationship deteriorates, and good people are forced to consider doing very bad things.
- Big Mouth – This is a show that was hard for me to wrap my head around at first but due to my twisted humor I was hooked after the 1st episode. It crosses every line and enters a world that will play with your comfort zones.
Synopsis: Even for a cartoon character, going through puberty isn’t easy for a young person. Andrew is learning that first hand as he experiences the nightmare that is growing up in this animated series geared toward adults. Along for the ride are friends Nick and Jessi, who develop a budding romance along the way.
- GLOW – I’ll take an 80’s throwback any day and pair that with female empowerment and sparkly outfits and you’ve got yourself a recipe for an evening binge.
Synopsis: Alison Brie stars as Ruth Wilder, an out-of-work actress living in Los Angeles in the ’80s. Wilder finds an unexpected chance at stardom: enter the glitter and spandex-laden world of women’s wrestling, where she must work alongside 12 other Hollywood misfits. Marc Maron plays the role of Sam Sylvia, a washed-up director of “B” movies who tries to lead the group of women to fame.
- Chef’s Table – This show has been my inspiration for many years in regards to photo and video. This is one of the most beautiful representations of food I’ve seen and brings dishes to life through storytelling.
Synopsis: Chef’s Table goes inside the lives and kitchens of six of the world’s most renowned international chefs. Each episode focuses on a single chef and their unique look at their lives, talents and passion from their piece of culinary heaven.
- Stranger Things – Alex and I watched the first season in 2 sittings and the second season is 3 sittings. This is a thriller that kept me up at night and has a deep cult following – I HIGHLY recommend it! It also has a stellar playlist that you’ll want to vibe to.
Synopsis: Winona Ryder as Joyce Byers, who lives in a small Indiana town in 1983 — inspired by a time when tales of science fiction captivated audiences. When Joyce’s 12-year-old son, Will, goes missing, she launches a terrifying investigation into his disappearance with local authorities. As they search for answers, they unravel a series of extraordinary mysteries involving secret government experiments, unnerving supernatural forces, and a very unusual little girl.
Niche Fashion navy coat | Levi’s wedgie jeans | FRYE boots | Saint Lauren kate chain bag