It’s been 2 months since I began my skincare regimen for acne. I didn’t seem to notice a big difference until I put this post together and saw my before and after photos, side by side. I’ve been diligently drinking my collagen, taking my daily vitamins and nutrients and following my routine of products. I actually can’t believe that there is a noticeable difference in just 2 months.
It hasn’t been smooth sailing the entire time. I did experience a few setbacks with breakouts last month due to drinking alcohol, eating sugar and getting my menstrual cycle. My pores enlargened, I broke out with large cystic pimples and I haven’t had a cystic pimple since I stopped eating refined sugar nearly a year ago. It was hard to see my skin revert but I’m glad I can pinpoint where the breakouts are coming from.
Since my last post, I’ve had a few more treatments with Touch of Joy. Here is a complete list:
- Pico Facial x 2 – This treatment stimulates the natural skin-refreshing processes, PicoSure is the only picosecond laser that can effectively shatter and treat: Pigmented Lesions and wrinkles.
- (Yellow) Light Therapy x 3 – This treatment uses four clinically proven wavelengths of UV-free LED lights that claim to boost collagen production and treat existing acne and redness.
- (Red) Light Therapy x 1 – This treatment uses red low-level wavelengths of light that repairs the skin and treats targetted pigmentation.
- Extractions x 2 – This treatment is the process of clearing a clogged or compacted pore. Essentially, they’re cleaning out your pimples for you!
- Chemical Peel x 2 – This treatment technique improves and smoothes the texture of the skin. Chemical peels are intended to remove the outermost layers of the skin to rejuvenate your pores, scarring and other areas of issue.
- Alumier Glow Peel – This treatment restores the skin natural glow while treating pigmentation, lines and texture.
As mentioned above, these treatments can only get me halfway to the goal. With a healthy diet, customized skincare routine and taking the supplements my body needs, I will get myself to healthy, glowing skin.
BEFORE & AFTER
My first treatment appointment was held on August 8th. Images were taken on August 16th, September 20th and October 14th.
What I’ve Noticed: Dark pigmentation, scars and melasma have lightened significantly. The texture of my skin has become more hydrated and soft. Although the melasma has lightened, it’s definitely still there but if I continue what I’m doing for another 3 months, I could expect it to be entirely gone!
THE DAILY SYSTEMS
I’ve been taking my Bend products and using my Alumier skincare since the beginning of my program.
I take 4 Bend Beauty Anti-Aging Formula (OMEGA 3) capsules a day and 2.5 teaspoons of Marine Collagen + Co-Factors a day. To see real results, you need to take them each day, consistently. The non-skin benefits that I have noticed are thicker hair and fuller lashes!
I would love to learn about your skincare journies. Drop them below in the comment box! I’ll be doing a final update at the 3-month mark so stay tuned!