Staying hydrated is a crucial part of our day but why is it so hard for us to do it? Some of you may be thinking that I sound crazy because how can I not be staying hydrated but I am not alone! Believe it or not, I can go an entire day without realizing that I haven’t had a sip of water. This usually happens on weeks that I haven’t worked out and leads to headaches, muscle cramps and not-so-great looking skin. So, how does one drink more water?
I’m always on the search for simple ways to stay hydrated so you can imagine my enthusiasm when I was introduced to Oasis Infusion. Made with herbs, flowers and spices deliciously cold infused in water, plus 35% real fruit juices, Oasis Infusion helps to keep me hydrated all day long.
My favorite flavour: Tangerine/Lemon/Thyme (& only 50 calories!)
Why is water important?
- It helps the skin
- It regulates your body’s temperature through sweating.
- It’s essential for proper circulation of nutrients in the body.
- It’s your body’s transportation system and when we are dehydrated things don’t flow properly.
After years of trial and error these are 5 steps that have helped me to drink more water:
- Choose water over other drinks – This step can allow you to drink more water than you typically would. Think of all of the chances you have for drinks in a day: breakfast, lunch, dinner, going to a restaurant, being at a friends house, etc. I opt in for water over other choices of drinks. This ensures that I’m having at least 1 glass a day.
- Drink a glass after every bathroom break – Time to refuel! This is easily done when you’re at home but if you’re out and about then take a bottle with you.
- Sip before every meal – Have a few bites and have a few sips. It’s a slower eating processes but also helps you to not over eat.
- Use an app to track your cups. – I used an app called “Plant Nanny” for about a year and it really helped me with drinking more water. You are the Nanny of a cartoon plant and when you drink a glass of water, it waters the plant. When you don’t drink water, your plant comes closer to dying. You never wanna see that little sucker die!
- Add flavor to your water – This is the perfect chance for your Oasis Infusions to come into play! If step 1 seems a little hard for you then you’ll act best with this step because of it’s flavour.
Where do I store my Oasis Infusions?
- At home in the fridge
- At work in the fridge
- In my bag during long days away from home or office
- In the car during long trips
I hope all of these tips and tricks have inspired you to stay hydrated! When you break it down, it really is a simple process. Let me know if you have your own ways of staying hydrated and if you’ve tried an Oasis Infusion!