It’s been 11 months since my last skincare post and my skincare routine shifted in August to try out a line that was recently introduced to me. Over the last 3 months, I’ve been trying out the product line from clean skincare brand, KORRES. This is a Modern Greek Apothecary brand that uses the advanced methods of natural ingredients with applied clinical research. You know I’m a skincare junkie and they had me with their products made from Greek Yogurt, Rose and Pomegranate. In today’s post, I’m sharing what products I’ve been using, what I like and dislike about them, how I’ve added them to my routine and more about the brand and their practices below.
These are the KORRES products that I’ve been using for the last 3 months & what I like and dislike about them. The best part about these products is that a little bit goes a looooong way with all of them.
- Black Pine 3D Sculpting, Firming & Lifting Power Sleeping Facial -Not a huge fan of the slick texture and wet application but it dries almost instantly leaving a more matte finish. There’s nothing worse after a routine that having your cats hair end up on your face! What I like about this product is that I wake up with my skin looking very hydrated.
- Greek Yogurt Nourishing Moisturiser – This is a really great everyday moisturizer applies very similarly to the one above.
- Black Pine 3D Sculpting, Firming & Lifting Eye Cream – This eye cream left my skin and eyes with a burning sensation after most uses so I apply a little further from my eyes than normal. I did notice that it filled in some of the crows feet lines but that was after nearly 3 months of use. I’m going to be trying their Black Pine 3d Sculpting, Firming and Lifting Super Eye Cream and will update you on that.
- Greek Yogurt Cleansing & Make-up Removing Wipes – Super soft to the touch and removed the makeup quite well.
- Greek Yogurt Foaming Cream Cleanser – You only need a tiny bit of this cleanser to remove all of your makeup and provide you with a full coverage cleansing.
- Pomegranate Toner – I’ve been told many times that you don’t need a toner and that may be true but I find that when I use one, it evens out my skin tone and clears out the pores. This one leaves my skin feeling super dry so a hydration option after is a must.
- Wild Rose Vitamin C Active Brightening Oil – This serum smells so lovely and applies well. I didn’t notice any effects after using it but I also don’t have any complaints! It was a great hydration option.
Step 1: Use a gentle cleanser to remove dirt and impurities from your pillow. Not a foaming cleanser or anything harsh that removes makeup.
Step 2: Use the Pomegranate Toner
Step 3: Apply the Wild Rose Vitamin C Active Brightening Oil
Optional step if wearing makeup: Remove makeup with Greek Yogurt Cleansing & Makeup Removing Wipes
Step 1: Use the Greek Yogurt Foaming Cream Cleanser.
Step 2: Use the Pomegranate Toner
Step 3: Apply the Greek Yogurt Nourishing Moisturizer
Optional step every 2nd night: Apply the Black Pine 3D Sculpting, Firming & Lifting Power Sleeping Facial cream instead of the moisturizer.
Step 4: Gently apply the Black Pine 3D Sculpting, Firming and Lifting Eye Cream
A little bit about KORRES
KORRES believes in developing products based on primary and applied research on verified benefits and clinical efficacy. With their research partners, they investigate the clinical benefits of natural ingredients in relation to skin biochemistry. After research, they identify natural active ingredients that are skin and environmentally friendly, in order to make products with as high of a natural content as possible while still being effective and safe. (Taken from the KORRES website)
Where the ingredients come from:
- Medicinal Herbs: Ingredients inherited from our pharmacy days
- Greek Flora: Greece has bountiful endemic flora that has evolved to grow in Greece’s unique environment
- Food: Beneficial ingredients with advanced skincare properties
- Natural Actives: Extracts found with proven efficacy through research carried out by the KORRES Research & Development Lab
Ingredients that KORRES avoids:
- MINERAL OIL / PETROLATUM / PARAFIN WAX
- SILICONES PARABENS PROPYLENE GLYCOL ETHANOLAMINES PEGs
Their cruelty-free practices: