We are finally here! The before and after photos of my skincare program with Touch of Joy in Vancouver. Thank you for joining me on my three-month skincare program. My skin has been a triggering issue of mine since I was a teenager and over the last three months, I have discovered that the healing of it is more of a process that I had anticipated. Mainly because I’m used to the marketing that products or services should provide you with instant relief. I am very thankful to the team at Touch of Joy for helping me get to clearer skin by undoing much of the damage that was created over the last two decades.
In today’s post, I’m sharing the before and after photos from my program with Touch of Joy. At first glance, you may think that not much has changed besides my skin tone, but at a closer look, there has been significant healing. In just three months, we have been able to even out my skin tone by removing the melasma that covered the bottom half of my face. Joy and her team were able to brighten my undereye, clear my forehand of pimples and blackheads and lighten the colouring of my dark spot pigmentation that surrounded my face. Some dark spots are completely gone.
My skin has become brighter, hydrated and if and when a new breakout occurs, I am properly equipped to take care of it with my Alumier skincare program.
Here is a breakdown of the Touch of Joy services I was given:
- Pico Facial x 3 – This treatment stimulates the natural skin-refreshing processes, PicoSure is the only picosecond laser that can effectively shatter and treat: Pigmented Lesions and wrinkles.
- (Yellow) Light Therapy x 3 – This treatment uses four clinically proven wavelengths of UV-free LED lights that claim to boost collagen production and treat existing acne and redness.
- (Red) Light Therapy x 1 – This treatment uses red low-level wavelengths of light that repairs the skin and treats targetted pigmentation.
- (Blue) Light Therapy x 2 – This treatment can improve skin texture and reduce sebaceous hyperplasia, or enlarged oil glands.
- Customized Facial with Extractions x 2 – This treatment is the process of clearing a clogged or compacted pore. Essentially, they’re cleaning out your pimples for you!
- Chemical Peel x 2 – This treatment technique improves and smoothes the texture of the skin. Chemical peels are intended to remove the outermost layers of the skin to rejuvenate your pores, scarring and other areas of issue.
- Alumier Glow Peel x 1 – This treatment restores the skin natural glow while treating pigmentation, lines and texture.
In addition to the services, I am going to continue using my Alumier skincare products. You can view a complete list of what I use here. I will also continue to use my Bend Beauty Anti-Aging Formula (OMEGA 3) Capsules. I have decided to discontinue using the Bend Beauty Marine Collagen + Co-Factors because it created an unpleasant case of bad breath. Not everyone has experienced this but I don’t think it mixed well with my system.
Products and services are not the only determining factor with your skin! I am going to continue my vegan diet, maintaining my water intake from 0-1 glass a day to 6 glasses a day and am aiming for a better night’s sleep. We need to remember that aestheticians may help our skin but they can only do a part of the job.
My skin has improved and I need to keep the glowing skin train going! I’m going to be booking regular appointments with Joy after the holiday to maintain and repair my skin issues. It’s important for us to take care of our skin! The last three months have really been a time to prep my skin for other services. I really wanted to remove the scarring and pigmentation on my face but before we can do that, we needed to remove my melasma and get to clearer skin. I’m going to publish update blog posts on my next treatments and you can follow a more up-to-date program with me on my Instagram stores at @RandaSalloum.