My relationship with online shopping is a little less matured than most of my friends but since dating a super experienced online shopper like Alex, my interest in it has heightened. For those just joining the conversation on randasalloum.com, I used to own an online shop selling handcrafted artwork created by moi and did that professionally for 4 years. I still however, shopped for myself in-stores. Over the last 2 years, I’ve dabbled in the online shopping world and although I do enjoy shopping in-stores for the experience there is something to be said about the convenience of shopping online. Through my experience & watching Alex do his thing, I’ve developed these top 5 tips for online shopping! Some of these may seem like common sense but are also largely overlooked when shopping online and will help you when searching for all of your latest hot tickets items this summer, like this awesome summer outfit that I’ve paired with shoes from The Hudson’s Bay.
- Look at the reviews – Read online reviews about the product located on the item’s page or Google search the item and see what other sites and customers are saying. I like to review my electronics via what YouTube users are saying because they can show you the product. Same with fashion bloggers, I typically see how it looks on them and what they’re saying about the item.
- Check the return policy – ALWAYS check the return policy especially when shopping with New Stores. The most popular sites will have an easy return system but to save yourself some time and money, check the fine print. You can learn if something was off with the return policy through reviews as well.
- Confirm the shipping before you reach checkout – Sometimes I become very excited about an item until I get to the checkout and realize they either don’t ship to Canada or it’s going to cost me a ton. A great way to save on shipping is to go in on an order with a friend if they’re also purchasing at the same time.
- Find promo codes & Cash Back sites – This is my favourite! I always search for a promotional code or cash back offers when shopping online. Why not make a little money while I’m spending it? I’m practically saving money. If you’re looking to do the same, I recommend Ebates.ca. It’s the place to start your online shopping while earning up to 30% Cash Back on EVERYTHING you buy from over 750+ stores plus they offer promotional codes & coupons aaaand it’s FREE to sign up with your email + a password. All you do is click the store you want to shop at and shop as usual. Make your purchase and your Cash Back will be added to your account (usually within 7 days). Every three months, Ebates.ca sends members Cash Back in the form of a Big Fat Cheque or Paypal payment. Ebates Canada is turning 5 (my lucky number!) on August 28th & click to learn how you can Shop With Double Cash Back & Sign Up!
- Use an alert system – Form a network of friends or similar shoppers that are looking for the same product. This can be anything from communicating with friends to joining a social network of online shoppers. Once the item is back in stock, one of you sends out an alert! This is what my boyfriend uses to shop for items that are hard to find and it serves him really well.
I hope these tips were helpful and you get the most of your future online purchases! You can thank me later for the savings ;)
This is a sponsored post written by me on behalf of Ebates.ca. All opinions are 100% mine.